Validation rule to use
Use the traditional calculations while making sure to put the whole calculation in between parentheses ("(" and ")").
Possible calculation tools:
- Sum (+)
- Substraction (-)
- Multiplication (*)
- Division (/)
- Numeric values
- Additional parentheses
Validation rules available
Allows to do any calculation as long as it is between two parentheses.
Example: (Field_1 + Field_2)
Example: ((Field_1 + Field_2) / 2)
Example: (Field_1 *5)
Allows to do a pre-programmed calculation to get a specific value from a column in a grid. The predefined calculations are:
- Sum (sum): Allows you to get the total of a specific column
- Average (avg): Allows you to get the average of a specific column
- Count (count): Allows you to get the count of a specific column
Allows to do a calculation to add or remove a numeric value to a date or a time field.
The date (or time) field must always be first in this kind of calculation.
It is not possible to compared two date (time) fields together.
- +d: Will add days to a date field
- +M: Will add months to a date field
- +y: Will add years to a date field
- +m: Will add minutes to a time field
- +h: Will add hours to a time field
Example: (Date_field +d Field_2)
Example: (Date_field + 60)